BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Creamy, Cheesy, Bacon, Potato Soup




I make this soup at least once every semester and my roommates LOVE it! I love it too! It makes a pretty big batch, but you will be surprised how fast it will disappear! I give this a 5 OUT OF 5!!!

3 tbs butter
1 cup onion
2 sticks of celery thinly sliced
2 large carrots thinly sliced
4 cups diced, peeled potatoes
2 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half

Optional: nacho cheese salsa for an extra kick (Highly recommended!)

In saucepan over med heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrot, cook 5 minutes. Add potatoes water, bouillon, salt pepper. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 min or until tender. Blend 2 ½ cups of potato mix until smooth, return to sauce pan. Stir in milk and half and half. Add bacon and nacho sauce. Cook over med heat until hot.

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

You suck. Now I want this. But I don't want to make it. I want you to make it for me. I think you need to ditch school and come live in our "spare oom". And make me food. K? K.
I claim the monopoly on Tracie's time and cooking skills.