BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Butternut Squash Soup



In the Fall squash is in abundance, and what better time to try a new recipe!
I keep hearing that Butternut squash soup is amazing, so I put it to the test.
I looked over several recipes and made up my own, but there was one recipe that I think is closes to what I made.
I also made some Rosemary Focaccia Bread to go with. It was way good! I will post that recipe as well.
I give this recipe a 4.5 out of 5.

Ingredients:

1 Lb of Butternut squash peeled and cubed
1 Red Bell Pepper cut up very coarsely
2 stalks of Celery chopped coarsely
1 Med Onion chopped coarsely
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Med Carrots chopped coarsely
1 Apple peeled and cubed (Optional)
Oil
1 ½ can Chicken Stalk
½ & ½

Seasonings
Thyme, salt and pepper, rosemary, garlic powder
Sage, and Basil
(You don’t have to use all of these, just pick out and use your favorites)

Place the peeled and cubed Butternut squash, and Red bell pepper on a cookie sheet that is lined with foil. Drizzle 2 TBS of oil over the squash and pepper making sure so that they are all coated with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven at 400* until they are soft and tender, about 30 mins.

While the squash is baking, put your carrots, celery, onion, garlic, (and apple if used) in a soup pot or wok with 1 TBS of oil and sauté until soft and tender. Add your tender squash and peppers to your carrot, celery, onion mix and add your Chicken stalk. Bring to a boil. Put soup in a blender and purée the mixture. Put puree back into the pot and add your ½ & ½ and more stalk until you get a consistency you like. Add your desired seasonings.
Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!

0 comments: