BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Cheese and Herb Scones



I made these Scones to go with my Soup the other day. My roommates seem to like time, but I think they could be better. The flavor was good, but they were dry and kind of hard. Im going to make them again but tweak the recipe a little to see if I cant make them better! So until I fix it I would give these a 3.5 out of 5!


Ingredients:
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 4 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp dried basil
• 1/4 tsp dried thyme
• 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
• 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 1/3 cups milk
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 425F. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and dry herbs. Cut in shortening until you have coarse crumbs, then add 3/4 cup of the cheese. Lightly mix in the milk and mustard, until mixture forms a soft dough. On a lightly floured board, knead gently 5 or 6 times and then divide. Roll each half into a 7-inch round, then cut into 4 or 5 wedges. On a greased baking sheet, place scones at least 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until brown on top.

0 comments: