BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Amish White Bread




So I came across this recipe and gave it a try. I loved it! It was nice and soft and just yummy! You can do a lot with this recipe too. It’s a sweet bread, so for one of the loafs I made a cinnamon swirl loaf. You can even do half wheat flour for healthier bread. Play around with it, I want to try and make a hardy loaf of bread next time with oats, flax seed, sun flour seeds and anything else I can throw in! Oh, also I made the dough in a bread maker. It made it much easier, but you don’t have to use one. I give this a 5 out of 5!

Ingredients:
2 Cups warm water
2/3 Cup White Sugar
1 ½ TBS yeast
1 ½ tsp salt
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
6 Cups Flour


Directions:
In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until the yeast resembles a creamy foam.
Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9X5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

0 comments: